A blog about my life, knitting, and other stuff.

September 20, 2004

So Much to Blog, So Little Time

Insane. My life has been insane lately.
I worked all last week getting ready for a preschool-fundraiser-garage sale* at my house. There was a lot of sorting, pricing, etc. Then Saturday morning it rained. Then it poured. Just as the weather got really terrible I had to go. I was going to the Skacel distribution center in Kent. Jill blogged all about it here. Then we had a very nice lunch and visited Pastime Yarns.

After the tour I was off for a manicure, pedicure and facial. Need to look my best for The Knitty Gritty. Then I stopped at the grocery store...all in all I left the house at 8 am and got home at 9 pm. I was so pooped. Wes and I got some last minute paperwork together for our Sneak screening on Sunday. Then I fell into bed.

Wes woke me up at 1:30 to tell me that the film print we were sent was bad and we couldn't show the film. But he said he thought he could get another film and left. Where was he going to get a film at 2 am? He went to the office of the Northwest Asian-American Film Festival (he's the director), and got a copy of a well-reviewed film that he hoped our members would enjoy. He tripped the security alarm in the process and got to explain to the police why he was there. Then he had to go to his office to get the right kind of deck to show the print. When we woke up at 8, Wes called the director of the film to get permission to show it. Fortunately, he said yes!

We went to the theater and Wes was told that the projection system had been changed and we wouldn't be able to show the film. He spent about an hour working on it and was able to get it going. Then as a final stroke of genius he worked out a three-way conference call between the two co-writers-directors-producers over his cell phone and was able to conduct a Q&A with our audience by holding his phone up to the microphone! My hero. (The film was a very, very, very low-budget but interesting movie about a Chinese immigrant who had one day to come up with money to pay part of his debt from being smuggled into the country.)

I took about an hour to myself when it was all over to go to Nordstrom to get a new pair of shoes. Then it was off to a preschool picnic (brrrrrr). And straight to my bookclub meeting.

It was both good and bad that no one else showed up. Bad because...well, no one showed up. But good because I hadn't finished the book. And I was so exhausted. Also good that a friend I haven't talked to in a while was there. So we got to catch up for an hour or so.

In all of this I didn't do too much knitting. I got about one-third of the way done with my Knitty Gritty project. I worked a little on Rogue. I'm 15 rounds from splitting the front and back. I need to figure out what knitting to take to LA with me. I also need to do laundry, dishes, pack, work at preschool, meet with my son's teacher...why am I still writing? I've got to go!

*The garage sale was a huge success despite the rain.