Once you've carefully considered this decision I think you'd make a different choice.
June 27, 2013
June 21, 2013
June 20, 2013
June 16, 2013
June 14, 2013
June 13, 2013
I love a dual-purpose item as much as the next guy. (Fresh link to the New Shimmer ad)
It's a hat. It's a pot scrubber. It's a hat and a pot scrubber. Super-dead-eyed stare is completely optional.
Okay, that last one really is a pot scrubber.
June 7, 2013
June 1, 2013
I had a massive photo session with my knitting bag so I can finally get my projects up to date. In no particular order this is where my projects stand.
- Retro Prep. I've been working on this for a month. I finished the entire sweater and had the steeek prepared to cut when I decided that the bottom ribbing as written in the pattern was just not deep enough. I unpicked the bottom of the crochet I used for the steek and cut a stitch above the ribbing and unpicked a round and got everything back on the needles. I reworked the crochet at the bottom of the steek. I've now set this aside so I can cut my steek at Purlygirls on Monday since a few people expressed interest in seeing it done.
- Little green tube that became a baby vest. This little guy has been sitting around for ages waiting to have its steeks tidied up and a button added.
- Zombie Vixen. Started these a while back and stopped after the first few rows of the pattern because there are no charts. I haven't decided if I want to go to the trouble of charting them out myself and I definitely don't want to move ahead on the project without charts.
- Bulky Skullcap with Big Button. I crocheted this in under an hour last night with a leftover ball of handspun. I just need to weave in the ends and find a button for it.
- Little woven squares. I bought a Zoom Loom (small pin loom from Schacht that we carry at the shop) a few weeks ago. It's really addictive. I've been weaving all my little bits of handspun that are too small to knit anything with into these little squares. I have no idea what I'll do with them all. Probably sew them into a blanket or a bag or...something.
- Mariam's Bootees. Another handspun project. I finished these booties just a few minutes ago using every last bit of a ball of handspun from 2006. I just need to sew up the bottoms and weave in the ends.
- Squish hat. This is a plain hat knit in a sample hand-dyed fingering yarn from a defunct company. It's been my movie knitting.
- Happypotamus. I started crocheting this guy at the Purlygirls retreat in the beginning of May and haven't touched it since. Putting the pieces together is a bit fiddly and stresses me out but the results are really cute.