A blog about my life, knitting, and other stuff.

December 2, 2006

Rose-Kim Costume Department

Wes is off shooting a film today. The film has a Girl Scout-type character in it. She needed a sash and a beret.

The beret is from Ann Budd's Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, knit in Elsebeth Lavold Cotton Patiné. The yarn was chosen to match a skirt. It was not the ideal yarn for a beret, I realized as I knit. It's 100% cotton so it's heavy and floppy. I knit it on a US5 instead of the 7 recommendedd on the ball band. It's cute but I'm worried it won't fit the actress all that well. The sash was done in the laziest manner possible. I "hemmed" the edge using Stitch Witchery. It took about ten minutes to put together.

I also finally sewed the buttons on my Meathead and posted my photo to the Flickr pool. There are some great hats there.

This was all done after I got home from the Seattle Spinners group last night (and some late night nibbles with Molly). After getting all of that done I wanted to work on my shawl. I stayed up really, really, really late. Like however late you're thinking I stayed up, add at least another hour. I got it in my head that I needed to finish round 100. When I looked at my spreadsheet this morning I discovered that I hadn't even knit 2%! Argh.