November 26, 2008
With my socks and baby dress and all the kid knitting done I was ready to start a new project. I have been promising Wes another hat for a while. I had planned on making this hat. After looking at the sizing and reading the comments about it on Ravelry I didn't think I would be able to make a hat to find Wes's huge head without completely changing the pattern. Instead I turned to Syncopated Caps by Kate Gilbert from the summer '07 IK. I'm using a skein of Socks That Rock in the medium-weight and some Henry's Attic Kona Superwash. The STR is a Rare Gems skein I got at OFFF this fall. The Henry's has been in the stash for years. I'm liking it and feeling hopeful that it will fit.