A blog about my life, knitting, and other stuff.

January 29, 2010


Pattern: Haruni by Emily Ross
Yarn: Timaru in Grass
Needles: US4 Addi Turbo
Notes: When I completed the 12 "stems" called for I thought I had enough yarn to do another repeat. Then as I was nearing the end of the final chart I realized that I was not going to make it. I skipped the penultimate pattern row and its purling back row and did double decreases in the final pattern row. Then I ran out of yarn during the cast off. I dyed a little to sort of match. Then I ran out again. I dyed more. I finished the bind off. Whew. I didn't do the greatest job at blocking. I didn't have the patience to pin out every little loop in the cast off so I just ran a blocking wire through them all to pull them out.