A blog about my life, knitting, and other stuff.

December 20, 2011

It Was Supposed to Be a Hat

Pattern: Improvised
Yarn: Universal Dolce Merino, 1 skein
Needles: US5 Addi Turbos
Notes: This is a FAIL that ended up cute in spite of itself. I started this at a movie, intending to make a hat to donate to charity. I knit the bottom garter band and joined in the round and knit up. At some point I realized that it was HUGE. Far too big to be a hat. I decided it would be a cowl. Then ran out of yarn on the top garter band (which was inexplicably at an enormously different gauge despite using the same needles. I put a small recycled glass button on the bottom band and I think it’s actually pretty cute.