Once I emptied the majority of my bobbins I discovered 8 oz of Shetland/Merino singles sitting waiting to be plied too. Cross that off the list.
While at Madrona a friend was getting rid of some Knitpicks Palette in several shades of yellow. I offered to take it to use for charity hats. I thought I'd hold a few strands together. It then occurred to me that I could make a cabled yarn from them. I overspun them on my miniSpinner then plied them together.
Here's a rough idea of what I started with.
Plied together (and wet and photographed with my phone at night) it looked like this.
And finally overdyed and dried it looks like this.
I'm not a fan of yellow or orange but I still think this came out kind of nice. It reminds me of a Tequila Sunrise.
I also swatched the Corriedale from last week and have picked out a pattern for it. I'll be making Linney by Amy Christoffers. It's simple and uses a lot of yarn plus I already own the pattern. Perfect!