January 7, 2015
Pattern: CustomFit Cardigan (details below)
Yarn: Manos del Uruguay Wool Clasica in Flame (This color is impossible to capture! Every time it's either too orange, too pink, too bright, not bright enough.)
Needles: US6, 7 and 8 Addi Turbos
Notes: Gauge, you meanie. I'm guessing since this is a handspun yarn the gauge of my swatch did not exactly match my sweater. I added a bit of length to compensate. I intended for this to be a bit longer but in the end it's a good thing or I would have run out of yarn.
To shape the collar I changed to a larger size needle every 4", just to make it flare out slightly. Then I used two sew-on snaps to secure it.
It's not a relaxed coat I envisioned but it's so warm and cozy and still fits very well.
• Relaxed fit
• Style: cardigan
• Length: Tunic length
• Sleeves: Full-length sleeve
• Neck style: Crew neck
• Neck depth: 3"/7.5 cm Below shoulders
• Hem edging and height: Garter Stitch, 3"/7.5 cm
• Sleeve edging and height: Garter Stitch, 3"/7.5 cm
• Neck edging and height: Garter Stitch, 12"/30.5 cm
• Button band allowance: 4"/10 cm
• Button band edging and height: Garter Stitch, 4"/10 cm