- I finished my Elijah the Elephant. He is super-cute and requires absolutely no finishing which we all know is completely and totally awesome.
- I took a Say It on Your Wrist class this week at a local bead shop. It was really fun to learn something new. We used metal stamps to hammer messages onto silver then shaped it into a bracelet. Mine says, "KNIT ON...THROUGH ALL CRISES." (Not enough space for the full quote.) There was some extra time so I also made a pendant that says "FUCK OFF I'M KNITTING." I also finally learned the correct way to close a jump ring.
- I drove by a sign last night that read TACOMA ELF STORAGE. Thought it was nicely seasonally appropriate.
- This week at the shop we were visited on separate days by designers Cirilia Rose, Anna Hrachovec from Mochimochiland and Twinkie Chan.
- I cast on for an octopus from Amigurumi Knits. It will have a lot of finishing which is okay because it is an awesome-looking pattern. It will also hopefully mark the end of my holiday knitting.
- I started a Beads on a Vine necklace. Sivia Harding was wearing it when she spoke at the Seattle Knitters Guild this summer and I was smitten. It will be a total fiddly, pain in the ass to knit but the effect is cool. I bought beads to make more and I don't know why. The beads always call out to me.
December 5, 2010
In no particular order.
Posted by Jessica at 9:31 PM