A blog about my life, knitting, and other stuff.

June 5, 2011

Daphne and Delilah





Pattern: Daphne and Delilah by Rebecca Danger
Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton (just under one skein of each color)
Needles: US5 Addi Turbos and dpns
Notes: The only change I made on the pattern was to use paired decreases for the top of the heads instead of k2tog only. I would have used safety eyes but I don't know who will get this toy yet and didn't feel comfortable with safety eyes for a baby. I am, sadly, terrible, at embroidering eyes. The pattern really didn't have any information on how to sew on the arms. I realized once I was done that I had sewed mine on in such a way that they stick straight out from the monsters' bodies.

3 comments:

akabini said...

arms straight out = perfect.

arguchik said...

I agree with akabini! The straight-out arms give them a more monster-y look. Also makes them look like they want hugs...so double-plus good!

domesticshorthair said...

Very cute, and I think the eyes look perfect.